Community - Customizing - Modding - Racing

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

1967 F1 classics ever out for RF2 ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bsmooth

PostSubject: 1967 F1 classics ever out for RF2 ?   Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:49 pm

I remember seeing the 67's for the original Rfactor, did they ever come out for Rfactor2 ?
Back to top Go down
John
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: 1967 F1 classics ever out for RF2 ?   Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:01 pm

No, nobody's tried to yet. The body meshes are way to low poly, so that has to be redone. Unless of course nobody cares about what the cars look like. Anyway, a conversion would have to be kept at sites like this due to the nature of the original conversion.

PostSubject: Re: 1967 F1 classics ever out for RF2 ?   Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:06 am

Man I really enjoyed those a lot, especially coming from GPL. The team did a fantastic job putting those together.
Its funny I'm finding most of the material I really enjoyed for the original RFactor, hasn't been duplicated for RF2, at least not yet. I guess I should have kept the original RFactor on my PC so I could enjoy them !
BTW I thought the cars looked really good. I'd rather have FPS than eye candy any day.
Back to top Go down
guybo

PostSubject: Re: 1967 F1 classics ever out for RF2 ?   Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:47 pm

BorekS made this awesome mod http://f1classic.your-talk.com/t13471-released-f1-legends-racing-f1-1967 for Race 07- unfortunately it came out real late in the life cycle of Race 07 and it did not receive the attention is deserves. However, he has granted permission for anyone who wants to, to convert it to rF2.

This might be a better option than the old F1 67 mod.
Back to top Go down
John
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: 1967 F1 classics ever out for RF2 ?   Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:36 am

Even physics don't have to be made from scratch - the ISI Brabham BT20 has very good physics, and just need a few tweaks for engines and wheelbase variations to give an approximate era experience. The single body mesh may result in some idiots exposing themselves though, so whoever tackles the project needs to keep that in the back of their mind. Not everyone appreciates work - some will nit pick every detail.

PostSubject: Re: 1967 F1 classics ever out for RF2 ?   Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:16 am

thank you for mentionig the F1LR mod, guybo  Smile 
I could add the information this mod exists for all the three SimBin games and is wip for ISI rFactor 1, a working title is "rF1LR".
the rF1LR mod includes also the wingy 1969 leaque, more about here: http://f1legends.nolimit.cz/menu-add-ons/f1lr-mod/rfactor

the rF1LR is created by GFraser1965 and we decided to release it soon. needs only to clean up the file structure...

in case of rF1LR conversion to rF2 you could got two mods infact - the fps friendly F1 1967 mod and also the F1 1969 mod Smile
Back to top Go down
guybo

PostSubject: Re: 1967 F1 classics ever out for RF2 ?   Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:11 am

I d/l your Race 07 mod and tried to get some races together but had no luck. It's one of those mods that captures a feeling in your gut that makes me smile when I drive! But R07 was never big on open wheel cars and F1LR didn't get the love it served IMHO. Maybe it will be converted to rF2 one day. Here's to hoping.
Back to top Go down
Mr Rolls-Royce

PostSubject: Re: 1967 F1 classics ever out for RF2 ?   Sun May 25, 2014 12:01 pm

I too am a huge fan of the historic F1 seasons, and I think the cars between 1967 to 1971 were some of the most beautiful ever. I hope some modding group takes up the challenge and creates a full season from scratch, using all the potential of the RF2 engine. At least there won't be copyright and licensing issues with FOTA for such old F1 seasons!
Back to top Go down
BorekS

PostSubject: Re: 1967 F1 classics ever out for RF2 ?   Sun May 25, 2014 3:35 pm

Mr Rolls-Royce wrote:
At least there won't be copyright and licensing issues with FOTA for such old F1 seasons!

well, I would say it this way: if the add-on stuff will be made for free usage there should be no copyright and licensing issues Smile
but true is I remember one mod which was killed right because such problem, not sure what it was, maybe some "modern" Porsche related stuff.

if I can speak for my own mod creation, I could offer the F1LR v.2 for conversion, in future at least.
we got permissions to use wolfers sounds, new physics is in development and new gfx too, closer to real cars.
check gallery wip images here: http://f1legends.nolimit.cz

somebody can try convert the F1 1964 Cooper T73 mod season now. public release in few days.
more here: http://simgarage.nolimit.cz
Back to top Go down
rer8

PostSubject: Re: 1967 F1 classics ever out for RF2 ?   Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:46 am

I think the conversion to rFactor 2 would be well received by many in the community. Has anyone considered reaching out to Tim, or someone on their team to get a feel for the possible acceptance of such a "Grand" effort?
Back to top Go down
John
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: 1967 F1 classics ever out for RF2 ?   Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:49 pm

ISI won't have any issue with community created content. They only frown upon people taking commercial IP and passing it off as community. Of course, community content showcased on their forum also needs to meet their community standards - permissions and the like.

There will be those that will accuse first (assuming it's stolen from the GPLEA group), and rarely apologise. Posting anything that relates to the era covered by GPL will always attract that type, so being aware of it should prevent surprise.

I look forward to the release, hopefully someone does take this up.

PostSubject: Re: 1967 F1 classics ever out for RF2 ?   Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:43 pm

It has been a long time... I recently drove a mod for Assetto Corsa that is similar to the F1 Classic rFactor mod... I did like it and would be very happy if I were to discover it under my Christmas tree this year... is there any hope for such a present in the making for the rF2 community? Thank you for everything you do...

RR
Back to top Go down
Bjørn

PostSubject: Re: 1967 F1 classics ever out for RF2 ?   Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:48 pm

Would probably require you to get modding, Randy ;)
Back to top Go down
Crivitz Chris

PostSubject: Re: 1967 F1 classics ever out for RF2 ?   Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:36 am

Unfortunately I haven't seen anything in the horizon on this either. ISI first announced that some Eagle chassis were in the works, but that has been about 3 years ago now...

I started work on an Eagle conversion (Team Players rF1 mod), but then changed that to an Weslake powered EVE, similar to the Matra and what Reiza is doing with their new F-Vintage cars, but I never finished it as I lack the expertise in the 3d modeling and physics fields.

I think it is beyond the 6 month rule now, but it would be great to see the PCARS Lotus make it way into rF2, and even that Eagle, just to give the Brabham a little bit of variety
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1967 F1 classics ever out for RF2 ?   

Back to top Go down

1967 F1 classics ever out for RF2 ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1