Community - Customizing - Modding - Racing

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Request:create or convert Brabham BT52, eventually full 1983

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr Rolls-Royce

PostSubject: Request:create or convert Brabham BT52, eventually full 1983   Sun May 25, 2014 12:00 pm

The car mod Brabham BT52 1.10 by Santa rF (http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Brabham%20BT52) is one of the most amazingly detailed models ever created for RF1. I've posted a message on the page asking the author to port this to RF2, but I am not even sure if he is still active in the community. It would be a shame to let this superb piece of work die along with RF1. Is anyone planning to create the BT52 from scratch? If so then great, I would hope for even better quality than the RF1 mod. However if no-one wants to create it, would it be possible to convert the existing mod so it works in RF2? I don't anything about modding myself otherwise I would give it a shot.

In fact, it would be spectacular if we could have a full historic F1 season for 1983, with loud grunting engine sounds and highly detailed models. I feel like this was one of the golden era of F1 racing, the other being between 1967 to 1971 (so yes if someone creates a high-quality mod for that as well I'd be very happy).

Thanks for reading Smile

Back to top Go down
PetraGTC

PostSubject: Re: Request:create or convert Brabham BT52, eventually full 1983   Sun May 25, 2014 1:55 pm

nice looking model Smile if no one will come with an scratch made one, maybe i will try with the conversion Smile ofcourse if anyone else is interested, go for it Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr Rolls-Royce

PostSubject: Re: Request:create or convert Brabham BT52, eventually full 1983   Sun May 25, 2014 5:58 pm

Yeah, it is really nice and impressive. I hope you do work on it Petra - you've got some excellent car mods converted for RF2 recently :p
Back to top Go down
John
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Request:create or convert Brabham BT52, eventually full 1983   Mon May 26, 2014 3:36 am

Santa RF is actually Lo. He has worked for ISI for many years. That BT52 was his last project as a modder, released as is unfinished.  I don't doubt he will have released it for rF2 himself already if he wanted to, perhaps he has a new version in the wings. This is speculation of course. He works for ISI as a modeller so really, who knows.

I reckon go for it, post a thread at ISI's forum and ask if anyone knows how to contact Santa RF for permission. He may respond himself.

ADSL 2+ as good as it gets in Australia, apart from the lucky fiber & cable users.
Back to top Go down
ratrunner

PostSubject: Re: Request:create or convert Brabham BT52, eventually full 1983   Mon May 26, 2014 5:51 am

IIRC - ISI have a license to do more Brabhams, so we could expect that Lo will potentially create this one for us at some point.

They also seem to have a lot of licensed content and only a few guys to build it, so depends on whether we can wait
Back to top Go down
Mr Rolls-Royce

PostSubject: Re: Request:create or convert Brabham BT52, eventually full 1983   Mon May 26, 2014 6:34 pm

Thanks John for the info about Lo. It's amazing really that you know the history of F1 modding in such detail.

As you have suggested I have created a topic on ISI's forums, in the wishlist section, for releasing Brabham cars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Request:create or convert Brabham BT52, eventually full 1983   Today at 2:14 pm

Back to top Go down

Request:create or convert Brabham BT52, eventually full 1983
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1